Keeping children well during self-isolation
At Aston Fields Middle School, it is important to us that all members of our school community are healthy both physically and mentally. We recognise the responsibility we have for the physical development and the well-being of our children. Mental and physical health depends upon meeting emotional needs in healthy ways. This keeps stress levels low and allows our immune system to fight back and work to promote recovery from illness. Meeting children’s emotional needs if we are socially isolated is challenging, and even more so if we are concerned about uncertainties. Here are some suggestions to allow parents/carers to meet children’s emotional and wellbeing needs during this time. We hope that you will find these useful.
Mrs Teer and Mrs Hales
Heads of School/Acting Headteachers
- Coronavirus response- Talking to children about illness
- Tips for families to help families get through school closures, isolation and staying at home.
- Mindfulness activities to maintain good mental health
- Singing for mindfulness
- Self-esteem poster
- Safe and Well Support
- How to Stay Calm in a Global Pandemic Free ebook
- Supporting a child with anxiety